Druss Blog

An account of my attempts to try and improve my chess.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Progress and a game against an IM

Although I'm trying not to think about it and measure progress, I completed level 30 today, scoring 84%. Still reading the books though.

Also, I played a game against an IM on ICC yesterday. I've never played a titled player before, so it was an interesting experience:

This browser is not Java-enabled.

According to Fritz analysis I started drifting off about move 15. Instead of exchanging bishops, I should have noticed that the c3 pawn was pinned to the undefended black queen on c7 and moved by knight to d2.

Then he just outplayed me, winning pawns until I slipped up and let him pin my queen to my king with his rook.

He never seemed to make any amazing moves, just consistently kept on top of the tactics and picked up pieces. I suppose he didn't need to do anything else when he was playing someone as weak as me!

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Don't you just hate it when you're trying your hardest and they just seem to do nothing special and beat you... I have played several titled players myself, so i know what it's like...

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

Congratulations on finishing level 30!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger The Christopher said...

6. a4 in the slav stops b5

What is your rating anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home